Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lifting update

So the bungee worked out pretty well and I think I found the appropriate weight level to start out at for my squats. I started at 185 and knocked out 7 reps no problem. That translates into a one time max of 222 lbs so I'm not too far behind where I thought I might be. Next time I lift I'll need to have my wife or brother check to make sure that the spot I have the bungee at, currently the second hole from the bottom, is low enough to have me going parallel or just slightly below parallel. The next two sets were 5 lbs less each and I was only able to do 3 or 4 of each so that is good. Then my bench I did 160 7 times, which equates to a one time rep of 192. I struggled on the subsequent sets so I'll be at that weight for a few weeks I think. While I was watching the nba final's game last night, which was amazingly good by the way, I did some arm curls and tricep exercises and shoulder exercises and forearm exercises as well so hopefully my arm strength helps on bench and helps me look better/more defined.

No comments:

Post a Comment