Friday, June 7, 2013

Fake it till you get slapped in the face by someone who just put on body odor lotion and then keep going

That is how I feel right now with coding!!!!!!!!!!!

Gah sometimes new concepts are like the perfectly crispy french fry or moist brownie or warm decadent sweet roll (heaven knows I love a good sweet roll).

Other times I feel like I just got slapped in the face by someone who just rubbed on body odor lotion and I can't clean it off of my face or get rid of the smell cause now its in my face pores.

I do know though one thing that I've learned.  People don't know jack squat about things when they go to a job interview and somehow they still con the interviewer/decision maker that going with them is indeed the right decision and that the person is actually qualified.  Well that is just what I'll have to do when I go for an interview for a junior developer job somewhere cause right now, SOMETIMES, I feel like a fake.

On a more positive note my issue currently seems to be that I'm learning a new concept, get the general gist of it, like associative arrays and splicing, and then go to do the exercise to see that I have it wrong in my head so I use the "tip" and then if that doesn't work I go to the forums for help and usually see the answer and often it is similar to what I've already got going on, but with a slight variation and if I'm lucky the person who put that on the forum will describe what they did and why they did it and what the code is doing and that'll help me tons get more of the nitty gritty that perhaps the course writer didn't have space to put in there.

This whole learning new stuff just reminds me of school.  You get it...kinda.  You're wrong...kinda.  Now to just get someone to make the leap of faith and hire my ace!

No comments:

Post a Comment