Monday, June 17, 2013

Lifting update

Son of a biscuit. So I went and lifted last Friday after work and FINALLY got my bench up 5 lbs. I should say I finally finished my set on bench press of 155X7, 150X7, and 145X7. Now I'll bump it up to 160X7, 155X7, and 150X7. That'll probably take me a while to master. I'm thinking a few weeks or so. On the squat I hopped on there and promptly threw I think 230lbs on there. I did a semi squat and thought to myself, "This is stupid." With the bench press it is really simple. You lift it off of the rack, lower it till it touches your chest and then you fully extend and rinse and repeat. With the squat I was frustrated cause I was and always have felt frustrated that I couldn't really tell that I was going low enough so I said enough is enough. Bungie Cords! That is my solution. I'll either place them where the spot bars go and once I've hit them with the bar going down I'll then go back up or I'll span them across the back of the rack and feel for when my arse touches it and then go back up. As I'm writing this I'm thinking the back way will be best so that I'm not looking to the side and tweaking my neck/back alignment in anyway. I fully expect my ill gotten gains to be erased as reality to how pitifully weak my hammys are sets in and I can only do a fraction of the weight I was doing before. This weekend we went and bought a set of these adjustable barbells so I don't have literally FIVE sets of weights, but just one compact one and so I'll now start doing arm exercises. I also tested them out before I bought them and I bought them used and saved about 50% vs buying new. Don't buy used if you can cause weights are weights and don't really wear out. I haven't quite figured out what I want to do as far as a routine goes. So I'll need to figure that out. With arms/shoulders/neck/chest/lats there are a lot of exercises to do and so maybe I could do one a day or so. I should also make a bet to do them so they actually get done. Who wants to be my payee??? I'll even go all paypal on someone and pay up that way if they want for my peeps in Russia and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment