Monday, June 3, 2013

Coding update

So I’ve mentioned in previous posts that I’m learning coding in my free time.  One idea I had was to start a website called webpagewehab.com (available as I checked godaddy) and have people visit it and I would get a business going that would basically rehab their sites for them for a small fee or even free to start out and get some reviews/clientele/portfolio going.  This weekend I was learning about html and it seems fairly straightforward and not quite as intensive, yet, as Javascript, which is what I’ve mostly been learning about in code year.
            The idea came from my wife’s mother’s day present actually.  I bought her a mani-pedi and when I went on the business’ website it was awful.  I thought I could do it better for them fairly easily and I don’t really know much about webpage rehabbing.  When I thought of a name to give my site and thought of rehabbing I thought of several variations with that one seeming to be the best even others might make more sense/sound better.  I’m going to do a survey on this.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2M2ZSNP 

As you're aware I've also made a bet to get coding knowledge.  So far I haven't missed a week of doing 5+ hours of coding else I'm out $20 to some chump I know :)  One cool thing that happened is that he called, my accountability guy, and said he talked to a buddy who works at American Express and mentioned that perhaps I could land something there.  While that is cool and a little bit exciting, I probably need more experience and the guts to actually pull a website off like the above to show people I'm serious/know some stuff and can contribute with higher pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment