Thursday, November 14, 2013

This is what happens when you write goals down...

It may not look like much, but the chart that follows is a big deal.



What you're looking at is the culmination of my lifting goals being reached for the year.  When I started out I had goals to squat 250lbs, which I accomplished on 10/28/13.  Today during lunch I accomplished my other goal of bench pressing 225lbs.  I lifted 190lbs 7 times for a one rep equivalent of 228lbs.  Interestingly enough today, 190lbs, was the first day to go up in weight and I subsequently also lifted 185lbs 7 times and 180lbs 7 times and so at my next session I'll be going up in weight yet again.

I wonder how much of the ease with which I was lifting had to do with how excited I was to be trying for my goal or technique or both.  Who knows.

Pretty cool stuff.  Now to think of what next years goals will be.  My brother and I have discussed systematizing goals and so really that'd be the best way to go about it.  One thing that I think would just be cool is to do 225lbs, which is two 45lb plates on each side of the bar while benching.  It'd be cool to do that just once, but hopefully several times.

I don't think I've ever been this strong in my life, which is also pretty cool.  28 and as strong as I've ever been.

They're opening up a franchise planet fitness in my town and so I may sign up there. I've also thought about looking into barstarz to see if that is something I ought to do.  We'll see and I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment