Monday, November 25, 2013

Speed Reading

I'm going to try and increase my reading speed.  I tested myself twice last night and came up with reading about 297 words per minute.  That is on the higher end of average, average being 2-300 words per minute.  Then I did an exercise to increase my reading speed.  After the exercise I tested myself again...407 words per minute.  That puts me in the top 1% of the entire population for reading speed.  I picked a goal of reading at 1,000 words per minute.  Get this.  To get to that rate you have to practice reading at...3,000 words per minute.  At 1,000 words per minute I could read a 200 page book in 25 minutes.  Whereas right now it will take me 4 hours and 21 minutes to read.  I'm going to try and improve and see if I can't increase my speed.  Who wouldn't love increasing their speed, while maintaining comprehension/enjoyment?  You'd be able to experience many more stories and insights that way so i'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment