Monday, August 5, 2013

Some unexpected events becoming enjoyable due to being in shape

If you read this blog you know I work out twice a week or I owe my brother $10.  Since I’ve implemented this bet I haven’t missed except one workout session cause I tweaked my back nicely working out once.  I’m not going to do an update on my progress, though I am making it even with just my last session showing me needing an increase in weight in both bench and squat, but I wanted to do a short post on surprising things that have happened with working out consistently.

First off: a 5k.  My brother invited myself and others to join him on one he signed up to run.  I’ve run a marathon before and knew I probably needed some training runs to make it through w/o stopping.  Due to general laziness and procrastination and packing to sell my first house to make $17,090.10.  I did not do ONE training run.  Not even one WALK.  I did however, jog the whole 5k w/o stopping once due to being winded.  I did stop once to retie my shoelaces.  I credit this to my legs being in good enough shape to handle it.

Fireworks.  We have this amazing spot we go to each 24th of July to watch fireworks and to get to the spot we have to hike uphill probably about ten minutes at a good 15-20% incline.  I remember last year my calves being goop/wobbly, but this year…nothing.  I think the next day though my calves were a little “sore”.  It wasn’t a painful sore, just a tired sore.

Recovery time.  When I first started I was sore for days after working out.  Now I’m not sore nearly as long.  I worked out Friday night and it is Monday afternoon and I’m not feeling any sort of soreness anywhere, which is fantastic.

There’s my post.  Maybe if I have some more interesting experiences where I’d expect to be sore, but wasn’t I’ll add them here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment