Monday, August 19, 2013

Weight Lifting Update

Two weekends ago I worked for my father-in-law for a few hours on a Saturday morning.  The work wasn't too bad until the end when I was hunched over for quite a bit of time scrapping a wood deck.  The problem with that is that a few months back I was lifting and I didn't hear a “pop/crack” per se, but I knew my muscles had just experienced an issue.  For a couple weeks after that my back was huuuurtiiing.  It had since recovered, but then was acting up again after helping him out scraping away.  So I took one lifting session off last week and just lifted once with yet again more progress so that is nice.  Here is my chart of progress. Two Fridays ago the wife and I met up with some friends at the park.  One of Ashlee’s friends has competed in bodybuilding tournaments and what not and so I asked her for any tips or perhaps some resources she could point me too, which she did.  She mentioned that bodybuilding.com is a good resource.  She then asked about my routine and what I was doing and what I wanted to accomplish.  I said my goal is to aim for 250 on squat and then 225 on bench.  

She then mentioned that the body doesn't really pick and choose how it wants to look and so essentially the best thing to do is to do a complete body workout.  She stated that there are four main areas to work on that one could do in four separate days.  She then offered to even write it up for me for what I should do and on what days. This link is to download the workout she crafted for me.


  Feel free to use it and let me know how it worked for you.

My plan is to stay the course on what I’m doing now to get to my goals and then once I've reached them I’ll start working out this workout she gave me.  This will be several months I think before this happens cause my bench seems to be taking longer than my squat to go up in weight, which is fine cause I’m total weak sauce and haven’t consistently lifted weights like this since middle/high school.  Also by then my kid will be here and me and the wife are contemplating getting passes to the local rec center so she can exercise and walk around the indoor track if she wanted to during the dead of winter.  It doesn't hurt that this place has a huge pools and a steam room, basketball courts, and racquetball courts, etc so those passes would probably get a bit of use throughout the year beyond just my workouts, but we’ll see what happens.

My work is also building out some new rooms and one of them is supposedly going to have a gym, but it may just be some ellipticals and a few free weights so we’ll see if that is any good.  If it is a good thing though that’d be awesome to save some money and workout before/after work of even potentially during my lunch hour, which would help me avoid traffic jams.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. In what way? I'll fix it if needed. Maybe your browser isn't working with it? It seems to be working for me in chrome. Or maybe your just saying a joke...

      Delete