Friday, July 26, 2013

App template, Coding breeze, systems are great!

In my journey of coding bliss (but not so much) I feel like I've learned quite a bit.  One thing I know I'd like to do for income and portfolio purposes is build apps.  Some of my own ideas and some for businesses.  In my journey I tried setting up my own development environments and then was trying to use their plug-ins and build my own code, but mostly I spent so much time trying to set up the environments, that by the time I got around to building code I wasn't excited and because I'm such a newb to the programming environment I wouldn't really be effective to build the things that I wanted to.  This is where turning to others is important.

I went upstairs to a co-worker and asked him some things about coding and found out one of his old professors had built a site that allows you to build code for an app and have that code simultaneously be uploaded to both IOS and android stores.  What?!  There are places where I can build one app, but have it go to several different publishers?  DUH!  One of those places you could do this is sencha if you wanted to check them out.

The next thing I stumbled across was udemy.com and their course on how to build an app w/o any coding experience.  Discussing this with my brother made even more sense.  Here is this site that not only lets you build one app that you can then publish to several different stores like sencha and others, but they also give you templates to use for anything from buttons and colors for your background to plug-ins for rss feeds, paypal links, maps to google, etc.  They also let you to switch to the back end stuff that I talked about earlier if you'd like and manipulate the data/format using html and css and you could add in more back end heavy languages if your heart so desired, which was exciting for me cause I feel like this is where the good polishing of an app would occur.

Systems!  They're great and they're the bread and butter of any successful business.  One thing my brother mentioned that I also liked and had experienced in my frustrations of setting up my own development environments I mentioned at the beginning is that often once set up it'd already be obsolete.  With this site that isn't the case anymore.  They do all the back end updating for you and you just use the templates to build away w/o having to worry if the latest api and patch is on your system after you scoured stackoverflow for how to get the correct said patch on your system to find out it is already old or your doing it wrong.

So while the nerdy kid takes 86.4 hours to build one custom app from scratch using his own code, be a really SMRT person



 and just swallow your pride and use what people have already done and make 10 or 20 apps in the same amount of time as the nerdy kid.  At least that is what i'm going to try and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment