Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book of Mormon Lobbyists

If you read this blog you know I like to comment on things happening today and how they're Book of Mormon related.  Well today as I was listening to my ipod on shuffle it played Alma Chapter 51.  I was busy doing some work and didn't immediately change the "song" and wasn't really paying attention until the end of verse two and into three when it struck me.  There were people who were lobbyists back then.

From wikipedia on lobbyist - Professional lobbyists are people whose business is trying to influence legislation on behalf of a group or individual who hires them.

From the Book of Mormon on lobbyist - a part of the people who desired that a few particular points of the a law should be altered.

The following is what sparked this thought originally for me.

3 But behold, Pahoran would not alter nor suffer the law to be altered; therefore, he did not hearken to those who had sent in their voices with their petitions concerning the altering of the law.

I always like finding correlations and often how much our societies were similar to each other politically, economically, spiritually, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment