Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ramit gave me permission to suck and suck I will

            I’m learning about how to make 1k on the side of my day job.  One thing I’ve touched on with my new direction of starting a business is that I’m probably going to fail.  This guy, Ramit, is giving me some insights and tools I can use to progress in that regard and he also said, “When you first start, your questions are going to be terrible.  There’s going to be awkward silences on the phone.  That’s fine.  It’s expected.  As I’ve said, I give you permission to suck.”

            For some reason this is actually motivating to me to hurry up and mess up to get over it and get into the good parts of being a businessman.  I’ll keep you posted and in the meantime tell me how you’ve sucked lately, what you learned from it, and what you’re going to do differently.  Maybe your suckiness can help me (us) not be so sucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment