Monday, September 16, 2013

Resume goodness

I mentioned previously that one thing that has happened since cutting out TV is that with my updated resume I’ve had one job offer and one person contact me personally about another credit and collections job, both of which I hadn’t even applied to.  Well…just this morning I got another email from someone asking if I’d be interested in an Accountant position at one of the major credit card companies, to which I responded enthusiastically that I would.  I would love to be able to expand that particular skill set.  I would love to work for a very large company where there is the potential to move up.
            
One thing about promotions with my current company is that it is very very good at what it does in its business and they’re very efficient/flat.  It is a sales heavy company and so while they can (and have) add a ton of sales people, the need to add additional administrative people to handle the extra volume is not a 1:1 proposition and so it is harder to move up on the administrative side of this company.  Not impossible, but harder.

With that said I’d very much welcome the move to another company for just that reason alone.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment