Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Now What?


           We sold our house and made some money on it.  We finished our six-month buffer for expenses.  Now what do we do with our money?  More savings?  Classes?  Vacation?  Invest it in businesses?  What?
            I came across this quote on a blog and loved it.  “Why would you spend much on anything when you still don’t have your freedom?”  This was as it relates to spending your money on frivolous things and niceties and yet still working a crap job that you hate and/or just don’t love.  It kinda struck me and yet I was at an impasse. 
I understand and greatly desire cash flow to rid myself of the rat race for good, but I also understand investing in supremely undervalued assets that may not generate cash flow currently, but once they appreciate will buy many multiples of cash flow streams than had I invested the money into the cash flowing items now.  One of the great things about marriage is that you get to bounce these thoughts off on your spouse who may or may not share your same logic/desires and can help make the decision for you.  Ashlee did this for me.  Whew.  So we’re just gonna keep saving funds and not invest them in cash flowing things.  Problem solved.



No comments:

Post a Comment