Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Biking


     I’ve been reading this blog recently that talks about biking a lot.  Health, social, financial benefits are openly touted and very well catalogued and scientific even.  On this same blog I also read about constantly optimizing your life, i.e. analyzing how you’re doing things and at least just being open to changing them and if no change is needed then keep on keepin’ on.  Perhaps things are just going along swimmingly, but sometimes you’ll do analysis and you’ll realize you need a change.  Now being brave and admitting that a change is needed is the first step.  Then busting through that REALLY uncomfortable feeling of stepping out of your comfort zone is the next step and that is where I’m at currently. 
     I want to bike now.  My mind registers this, but doesn’t want to do it…completely.  I will do it to the best of my ability around town.  Luckily since we’ve moved stores, church, library, and family are closer to home and so riding the bike will be much easier.  Now I just gotta find a coding job that is minutes away from home.  From my old house I rode my bike to work and back once and it took about 40 minutes.  If I could get something like 15 minutes away on bike that’d be amazing. 
     Mentally I’m already kinda biking in my head, which is one of the benefits of biking apparently.  Instead of hopping in a car to get bike parts, bananas, and milk in two or three separate trips in a car I’m thinking I’ll just wait to do them all at once since riding around on my bike several isn’t as appealing as doing it all at once.
     Anywho I’m there mentally biking.  Now to just ran errands biking.  I love the blog’s quote, “It’s like shedding all of the stress and responsibility of adulthood that have crusted over you and going back to being eight years old again…without losing an ounce of that golden power and freedom that comes with being an adult.”

No comments:

Post a Comment