Friday, October 12, 2018

Sprint one of Grandpa Pops Hot Fudge Sauce


As I transition from being a developer on a dev team inside the scrum structure to the product owner and scrum master roles I thought it’d be a fun thought experiment to document my journey of how I’d take a product from idea to development and release.  It is a simple product, my dad’s amazing hot fudge recipe, but one that I think will demonstrate my experience with releasing something in an agile environment.  And who knows maybe you’ll even see it end up on the shelf at your grocery store one day.

That said there are lots of things to do when getting a product off the ground and running and since I’m a scrum team of one I started by logging and creating my own Jira account to manage my product since that is a very common software app that is used today to run agile projects.  From there I made a list of things that need to get done in my very first Sprint Planning meeting and have more or less ordered them by importance and value for the first sprint. 



Then I went ahead and listed out a bunch of things that I know need to be worked on eventually for the product backlog and did a rough ordering of the stories as well, which can be seen here.



Stick around for more updates as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment