Friday, April 22, 2016

How the Rich Think by Steve Siebold Part 4

building wealth is a solitary effort vs building wealth is a team effort
a.            I know this is a true statement because that is at least how andrew carnegie did it and i know the vast majority of the middle class are doing it the solitary route, i.e. their 401ks or solitary wealth building and not partnering with people either in business or investments.  I need to find a team member who wants to do the copy writing and social media blogging for my business.


I also want to work with people to try and do a flip someday.

worries about money vs dreams about money
a.            They’re after money so they don’t have to worry about money, and then once its taken care of they know they’re mentally and physically free to focus on their highest and best self and reach self actualization.
I loved that quote and I love how the different mentalities of the rich allow them to feel more natural and receptive as they're working and working on their businesses and jobs.

money is negative vs money is positive
a.            the rich keep charities afloat, tax base for infrastructure of countries
i.                List of things I’d do if I were a millionaire:
      1. Sleep in
      2. go out to eat more
      3. buy new wardrobe of clothes including shoes, suits, ties, pants, shirts, belts
      4. I’d go to fiji, greece, visit europe, africa, australia, see mt everest
      5. I’d buy a nicer reliable car for me and ashlee and maybe a beater car as a second car
      6. i’d buy a motorcycle
      7. i’d buy ashlee a nice bike
      8. i’d buy a nice tablet
      9. i’d like to work out with a personal trainer and get in really good shape
      10. i’d start even more businesses
      11. i’d buy a nice projector or tv to watch movies and sports and play games on
      12. i’d get a nicer house for the kids to play in and then i’d also hire out the yard maintenance of the whole thing
      13. i’d buy rental properties to diversify my income
      14. I’d likely go on a mission at some point

rich people are shallow vs rich people are strategic

a.            The rich see themselves as honest and strategic, and make no secret about their desire to build their financial empire. They are straightforward and direct in their approach. They have no interest in manipulation or unethical practices. Their chief aim is to get rich, in an honest, aboveboard manner, by serving others.



I love how people blast the rich, when really on the whole they can't possibly be rich and be shallow as people see through that and reward accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. This book is one I'm going to have to read! I read the Automatic Millionaire and think it has some good insights on making some things automatic so you don't even have to think about it!

    I'd love to flip a few homes too but just don't know where to start yet. Let me know if you want to partner up in something like that!

    ReplyDelete