Wednesday, April 20, 2016

How the Rich Think by Steve Siebold Part 3

being rich is a privilege vs being rich is right


funny cause the middle class just finished participating in the largest lotto in history years after this book was written


I wrote the above because I believe the book says that the middle class doesn't think they deserve to be rich and good.


money is complicated vs money is simple
a.            Do I believe I have what it takes to be rich?  To be honest I’m not really sure.  I can of course make and have made a steady paycheck for years, and I’ve got some freelance work, but suuuuper sporadic and that is why I have my doubts about it.
b.            When I read his comment of, “Just for today, keep telling yourself that making money is simple” and how that’d make me feel before I even finished reading that I felt a calm and easiness within me.  It quickly left, but initially I felt it.


I think my hesitation and doubt stem from a legit lack of knowledge on money and how to make it on my own. While we went to the library a lot growing up and read plenty of books and had lots of books in the house growing up I don't ever really recall reading anything about investing and making money (serving people and providing value) until out of college. By then I was thoroughly indoctrinated in the middle class way of thinking and doing things to make a living in a linear fashion.


This year I'm wanting to read at least one book per month on investing subjects I'm interested in and working on business outside of my regular 9-5 job.


rich people are crooks vs rich people are ambitious
a.            Because of the average person’s unwillingness to accept full responsibility for his or her results, they are eager to criticize society’s most successful in an effort to minimize their achievements and justify their own mediocrity.


Loved that above quote. I see this all the time. People knocking the president's of their companies or their peers in church who are wealthy or friends or family or people they're dating. Its everywhere and prevalent the personal attacking of the rich to help hide their own insecurities. It happens all the time in school with bullies. I love this video that pokes fun of this very thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment