Thursday, April 14, 2016

How the Rich Think by Steve Siebold Part 1

I loved this book!

I love how he systematically dissects middle class thinking versus world class thinking.  We all know who the middle class are.  The world class are the wealthy in the world.  The 1%.  The people who own most of the world's wealth.

I may break up my review of this book into several posts because I have a lot of notes and thoughts on this book.  Each chapter of this book is about a page to  a page and a half long is all.  I also liked that it had some questions for the reader at the end of chapter and a lot of great quotes and other books to read that will help someone further their education in thinking rich, improving their investing knowledge, and some self help and gender specific books, which I plan on reading a lot of because I want to be well versed in it all.

My review, which is for myself to look back on, will be commentary on a lot of the chapters of how I and the middle class think versus what the world class rich think.

Each chapter starts with what the middle class or the masses do and separates it with a versus and then what the world class think.

Saving vs earning

I actually thought I was gonna skip the first chapter, but after thinking about it for a quick second it is true that for me growing up in the home and in school I was encouraged way more to save money vs earning money.  My parents paid off their mortgage when I was just a kid in middle school and were always conservative in their finances.  They also made great money.  

Now saving money isn't a bad thing and is THE key to investment and improving our world because without it there aren't funds to do things.  I think my thoughts were just that it is interesting to note that while I had this fundamental lesson taught to me in the home, at school, and at church, I know that earning money and investing and all the various avenues of doing that weren't touched on nearly as much.

linear vs non-linear (exponential)

The middle class thinking of making money from their jobs and investments in a linear fashion. That entails saying if I put in X number of years or hours at my job then I will make X amount of money and so the longer I work the more I will make, but strictly in a linear fashion.

The rich though earn money in a non-linear fashion, often earning more in one day then a middle class person would earn in an entire year.


No comments:

Post a Comment