Tuesday, November 15, 2011

E-Myth and how it Relates to the B & S quadrants

I can’t help but think that those business owners that are stuck in the small business frame of mind or the S quadrant in Rich Dad’s four quadrants are so because they haven’t implemented the principles of the E-Myth and aren’t taking advantages of taxes, or as my oldest brother once told me, massaging the numbers, i.e. taking deductions whenever possible. I didn’t know this, but there are allowances for deductions (payouts to employees) being at the company the longest and for safety. As long as you don’t electrocute yourself turning on and off your computer this could qualify you for that deduction.


My main take away from that book is that you’ve got to flatten out your business as much as possible. That means making every process as simple as possible. You want to make things as simple to do as possible so that you can hire the people that work your business as cheaply as possible, just like McDonalds does.

You also do that by creating systems. With a system people know exactly what to do, just like you know how to solve an algebra problem, i.e. input the variables into your system and solve the problem.

If you haven’t read the E-Myth, do so immediately. One of the best books I ever read on business and taught me more than most of what I learned throughout my schooling years.

No comments:

Post a Comment