Monday, November 7, 2011

Capitalism back in the day and OWS today

1950’s America paid the highest wages (Henry Ford’s workers) in the world and yet we produced them the cheapest stuff.  How is that possible?  We had more capital, lower taxes, and fewer regulations, i.e. capitalism was in full swing.

People complain today that corporations are the one's causing all the imbalances for our global economy and that they're the ones manipulating our government through lobbyists, but WE are the ones who are dependent on our handouts via social security payments, food stamps, umemployment benefits, and, and, and.  How did we get to that point?  We allowed those that are swayed by big corporations to be voted in.  Plain and simple.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blogs bro. The best thing is I can understand them, instead of going way over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool man I'm glad you like it. Makes me want to keep it up ya know

    ReplyDelete