Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Friend’s Dollar Denial

I have a friend who has been reading a bunch on the unfortunate demise of the US dollar.  He’s also watched some good material about it.  He’s even gone so far as to diversify out of dollars into hard assets.  This morning however he is totally bummed about the dollar price of said assets.  I encouragingly tried to get him to look at the investments in non-dollar terms and he wasn’t having any of it. 

It is hard sometimes for me to even comprehend that the dollar will lose its status and purchasing power completely one day, but I feel they will.  I told my friend yesterday that I am crazy in that I essentially don’t mind (I actually love when they get hammered down in price/dollar terms) when hard assets become worth less in dollar terms cause that just means I can buy more of it before this whole thing goes.  If any of you have ever played the game cash flow and come across the stock card that has MYT4U for sale at $1/share, that is what I feel hard assets are like right now.  They’re the thing you invest 100% of your money into and you just wait out the game until the stock revalues to the appropriate price.  Exciting. 

I am also grateful for the new debt deal the democrats/republicans struck cause it is just going to speed up the collapse that much faster.  Exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment