Thursday, December 20, 2012

Learning Forever?

So I was hanging out with my brother yesterday and he asked if we would ever stop learning?  The reason being is that we’ve been for the last couple years learning lots of stuff about ourselves as well as the world around us.  I know why he and I think that.  Its because one thinks there is no way one can continue at a break neck speed learning life changing things like we have been.  Well I beg to differ and I shared as much with him yesterday. 

            My logic for this reasoning is that once I break off the shackles of indoctrination that I experienced for 16 years during my schooling years I am free to see the world anew without bias and opinion.  Also, and this is something I need to learn more about as the founding fathers had it on lock, if I can learn to use the trivium then I’ll learn endlessly and efficiently.  I’ve awaken to many things recently because I’m learning/have learned to accept at least the possibility of something being true.  My mom responded to the blog post I did on realizing I was eating cause I bored saying she was impressed with my growing self-awareness.  I told her I think I’ll have more of those type of moments because I’m not as indoctrinated anymore and realize I had been.  I told her, and I still think this is true, that I’ve learned more applicable and important things that personally effect me in the last three years that I’ve been graduated from school than the previous 16 years combined.  This includes things that affect my health, family relationships, wealth, and my job.

            Another reason for me thinking I’ll keep getting blessed with more and more knowledge is because I’m following the word of wisdom.  In it it has a specific promise for those that follow it.  Verse 19 reads….”And shall afind bwisdom and great ctreasures of dknowledge, even hidden treasures”

            SO!  I fully expect to keep learning awesome things going forward that have a big impact on my life and the lives of those around me.  There.  Said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment