Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Real Estate Buying Tips Part 5

The Instant Offer System Bridge Questions


1 Leading into the Rapport Step of the IOS: “Thank you for inviting me over _____, can you show me around?”

Just use the first bridge question and then as he shows me around the house find things we have in common and allow him the chance to open up and share about his life. Look for places where I can genuinely admire and esteem him. Keep the conversation focused on him personally and off real estate. Remember, the Rapport Step is about building a relationship and not about discussing the defects or merits of the property.



2 Where’s a good place for us to sit and talk this through?

I don’t know if any of the things we’ll talk about will end up working for you or not. If the things we talk through were clearly not a fit for you, would you be willing to let me know?

That’s good ____. On the other hand, if what we talk through is a fit for you, are you okay telling me that?

Great. I’ll be doing the same thing. If things aren’t going to work for me where I feel I can meet your needs and make a conservative profit I’ll let you know that I don’t want to buy your house. On the other hand, if I see that I can meet your needs and make a conservative profit then at the end of our time together I’ll tell you that, yes, I do want to buy your house. The one thing I am going to ask _____ is this: I promise to let you know when we’re done either, yes, I want to move forward with this deal or, no, I don’t, and I am asking you for the same courtesy in return. Is that fair?



The bottom line is that is just means getting the seller to agree to give you a decision at the end of your time together so you don’t end up with the infamous, ‘I’ll think it over.’

Always refer to your time with the seller as a ‘visit’ or ‘conversation’ and not a ‘negotiation’

3 So what are you hoping I could do for you here today?

There are three goals with the Motivation Step: first is to help the seller emotionally connect with why he needs to sell. Second is to help eliminate the seller’s other options so that he is left recognizing that you are his best option. And third, to flush out the seller’s real time line to sell in such a way that the seller recognizes a sense of urgency with handling his property.

Examples of reluctant-buyer language patters: being a reluctant buyer means you are structuring your negotiation so that the seller is constantly being put in the role of selling you on the idea of making a deal happen. The real key with negative phrasing is to soften both your voice and body language when you use it so that you come across as naïve or optimistic rather than sarcastic or condescending.

MOTIVATION before MONEY

4 So what was it you were asking for the property again?

With the money step you need to gather up all the financial details on the property that you’ll need to craft a win-win fit with the seller of the property, and to gather this information in a way that lowers the seller’s expectations.

Three R’s to Dramatically Lower the Price: Range Technique, “Realistic” technique, and Real Estate Technique, which refers to subtracting out a realtor’s fee for me making the deal happen

Instead of ‘full price’ use the label ‘full amount’. ‘Full amount’ is a label that doesn’t have anything attached to it until you link it to the $$$

5 Terms Deal: I don’t know if I could do this or not, but what if I were to make you payments for a period of time, and at some point down the road I completely cashed you out of the property. Is that something we should even talk about, or probably not?

6 Cash Deal: Mr. Seller, I’m not sure if I could even get my partner to go along with this or not, but what if I could talk him into paying you an all-cash price for the property? Obviously we’d need to get a pretty steep discount off the full $$$(insert full amount number)$$$ to make this work for us, but is this even something we should talk through? I mean you probably hate the idea, huh?

The key to this step is that when you put out ideas and potential solutions to the seller, you will never be committing to any of them until the seller has told you that, yes, that offer will work for them.

Use negative phrasing and PLAY THE RELUCTANT SIDE so that the seller feels they aren’t being tricked or that they are making any mistakes.

Taking action is key

Three appointments in the next 30 days

Learn to act in the presence of your fears

Whenever you are dealing with a husband and wife or a property with multiple owners, you are going to want to make sure that both people are there at the property to meet with you. If you don’t, you’re chances to close a deal diminish.

You can’t force a deal if the deal doesn’t exist

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post about real estate buying. The information you posted here are very useful for people who are interested to invest on real estate properties.
    ___________
    Pia | Philippine real estate

    ReplyDelete