Friday, October 28, 2011

"What are your plans to be rich one day?"

     Sometimes I ask people, “What are your plans for being rich one day?” Mostly it is out of curiosity, but also to see if there is anything I can glean from them. Surprisingly most say, as two of my coworkers this last week said, that they’re never going to be rich or don’t want to be. I am always baffled by this and will continue to be. Who wouldn’t want to be rich?! Now there are different reasons for all of us for why we’d want to be rich and some are good and some are bad. Certainly being rich for the wrong reasons is bad, but being rich or having goals to be rich isn’t evil.


     Who wouldn’t you want to be well off in order to spend more time with their spouse, kids, family, hobbies, or even work? If you were well off wouldn’t you like to go and do what you REALLY wanted to in life?  What is that even?  I'm sure most people haven't even thought about that since they don't have time to or don't want to.  They wouldn't want to since once they did they'd then learn how much they hated their current situation AND they'd be too afraid to do something about it.

      I’ve been studying and reading a lot of books over the last several months on the economy and finance in general. I’ve found that there are very definitive ways to profit in the coming economic collapse (this is what my studying and reading has discovered) and these ways aren’t get rich schemes or hard for the average person to understand. I’m interested in them as my end goal is to be the kind of spouse/father that I want to be or know I can be, but can’t truly accomplish them to the level I have in mind by NOT being wealthy like I am right now.

     Part of the reason I’m doing this blog is to get rich. Not to sell anything, but to get my thoughts in order and have them critiqued so that I can improvise my ‘moves’.  It is to learn and grow.  I am a fan of the book and thinking in Rich Dad Poor Dad.  Financial education creates an Unfair Advantage for the rich.  I think this unfair advantage is what the OWS people should learn about.  I've got a blog post to come on OWS later.  I also want to give back to the global community what I feel I’ve been blessed to stumble upon and understand. I truly believe that the more you give, the more you get. Some call that Karma.


Try it out for yourself. Ask someone what they’re going to do to get rich one day and see how you feel and see what you think afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment